Friday, July 6, 2012

Here in Spirit #7: Tim D

No pic but a fab full report of what Tim D is up to these days:

I live in Duluth, MN at the edge of Lake Superior. I've been married to my wife Katie for 22 years. We have a 14 year old son. Right now our lives are spent at Little League games. Not much better way to spend a summer evening. I am a research biologist and it is a great job, if you have to work for a living. I am a gov't contractor (not quite like Halliburton) working at an EPA lab. My love of biology was inspired by my time at Roaring Brook Nature Center hanging with Jay Kaplan. We love to canoe camp in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness in northern MN. A job in the wilderness, as a Ranger, is what brought me to MN after college at UVM. I still love to go fishing and am packing for a trip as I write this. Or, I should say my wife is packing as I write this. Typical. We love to travel around the states and last year got to make our trip of a life time to Ireland to dig up some family history and drink Guinness.

I have great memories of fishing with Rusty in Cherry Brook and other places, playing pond hockey with Sean, Eric, Rusty, and the Gillingham Bros. Working at Stop & Shop with Jamie and Janice. Sky driving in the old VW, ask Rusty about that. Swimming in the community pool in the middle of the night after they were closed...full of algae, our brains weren't fully developed yet. My folks moved to upstate NY shortly after graduation so I rarely get back to CT. My sister, Clare (CHS '78), still lives in CT. Never got into the Facebook scene. If anyone wants to contact me, give a shout to my e-mail: dawson.tim@epa.gov. Yep, I use my work e-mail for everything. Gotta go, the family is getting stressed packing! Have a great time at the reunion!! I'll send some pics after our trip.


Tim

No comments: